Our commercial lawyers and litigators are a hard-working, focussed and innovative team, eager to efficiently and effectively address complex legal issues.
We will work with you to understand your goals and the commercial context.
Our commercial lawyers provide pragmatic, sound and objective commercial law advice, prioritising:
1. Open and clear communication.
2. Commercial and strategically sound legal solutions.
3. High quality, timely client service.
If you are starting out, we understand that every business is unique and has its own particular needs when it comes to structuring. We will formulate the best structure for you and your business – whether it be a company, a trust, a partnership or a joint venture (see the Structures guide in our Publications section).
If you are buying a business, we can assist you with due diligence enquiries and contract negotiations.
If you are buying or leasing premises, our commercial lawyers have experience in all aspects of property law.
Our commercial lawyers have expertise in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a very wide range of commercial law contracts, for example software licence agreements for international roll-out and terms and conditions for equipment hire companies (including PPSA clauses) and on-line companies that provide them with the protection they need when trading.
We also provide formidable representation in dispute resolution.
Some of our recent work includes:
- advising directors in relation to a dead lock at board level;
- advising in relation to a partnership dispute; and
- advising on what to do where a party to a joint venture agreement becomes terminally ill before the end of the venture.